Guidelines while I'm gone

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/5/1999; 6:12:31 PM
Topic:Guidelines while I'm gone

Number one: Behave yourself! ;->

Number two: Be productive, however you define that.

Number three: Help Bernie. Technography is important. We began a process that should go somewhere. UserLand, at this time, will not be developing software in this area, largely to leave room for other developers to explore it. I would love to see some new partnerships develop. But if they don't, of course, life will go on.

Number four: Ask for help if you need it. Brent and Andre and our Support-associates will be checking this DG regularly. Any and all questions about Frontier 6.0, mainResponder, all the features, requests for HOWTOs, are welcome. While I'm gone the team will introduce some new stuff for browser-based admin of server settings, and some diagnostic scripts that help us track down problems on your installations without having to play Twenty Questions.

Number five: Watch the Frontier News page. Brent will be posting links to new stuff, fixes, stuff developed in the community, new docs, howtos, etc.

Number six: Watch Tomalak's Realm. Lawrence posts excellent links. It's good stuff, not just for nerds.

Number seven: Support RSS. Think of ways we can improve it.

Number eight: Start your own discussion group. Create a new news site. Learn how the search engine works.

We're going to keep the DG open while I'm gone. When I can I'll check in from the road.

Finally, remember what Chuck says: Shut up and eat your vegetables!

It's always good advice.