Using dot inside a page title: bad idea?

Author:erik
Posted:4/8/1999; 3:00:05 PM
Topic:Using dot inside a page title: bad idea?

Is it me or does one need to be extra conscious about using non-alpha ASCII characters in page titles (specificially inside #title directive (excuse me if I am using the wrong term here). I'm asking because of noticing how the #title text gets re-used inside the website object framework. Do characters like dots, pound signs, carets, etc cause strange side-effects?

(I had to retype this topic in because I was so bold as to resize my browser window and that erased all the text I had entered in here already)

erik goetze