An alternative to using indexName?

Topic:indexName

I think there is an alternative to trying to use the indexName and writing customized scripts.

Is it possible when doing a search to specify multiple sites to be searched? For example. I have sites A, B, C, and D. But I want the search engine to only look at sites B and D.

As far as I can tell, there are two kinds of searches provided by default. One is the basic search which is all sites that are in the search index. The other is an advanced search which is really a way to specify to search one site only.

In my diggin' around in the searchEngine, I noticed a reference to a sitesList in mainResponder.search.server.htmlSearch. But it looks like this hasn't been implemented.

Perhaps it would be easier to alter the scripts that do the searching and not deal with the indexName issue at this time. Yeah! That's the ticket! Looks like I'll be looking at custom versions of htmlSearch and doSearch.

Toodle-loooooooooo..........
Thomas