scriptingNews outline for 4/21/99

Author:Dave Winer

WebMonkey and Fray are My.UserLand.Com channels. Perfect!

Other new channels: Absolute Gamers File Archive, Black Gold Youth Foundation, decipher, Florida Keys Info-Net, head.on.back, Horizon, Lanced.Channel, Mapping Your Future, NewsTrolls, Pratz Business Helpline, The Brunching Shuttlecocks, The Stuffed Dog, The Useless Nothing, The Zack Network, Top Web Comics, Tsubakimoto Chain Co., Your mom.

Warming up.. Here are my comments on Matt Neuburg's Tidbits piece. "If you look at the competitive landscape in publishing software, you'll see that they're all built around scripting. From DreamWeaver to Vignette, customization is key, and where customization is important, scripting is central."

The NY Times is doing a 1000-year time capsule and is looking for ideas.

Wired: Stock trading thru the night.

The Stuffed Dog is a new weblog.

Wired: A privacy hole in IE 5? No way! It's a feature. Keep it.

CNN wins today's award for meta-news. News about news.

NY Times: Peace among former competitors. Gag me!

Red Herring on Salon's IPO.

4/8/99: Al Gore sticks his foot in his mouth again.

Infoworld: DataChannel, Isogen merge.