scriptingNews outline for 4/23/99

Author:Dave Winer

DaveNet: We Didn't Start the Fire.

Scientific American: XML and the Second Web Generation.

InfoWorld: Apple Notebooks Get Skinny.

InfoWorld: Microsoft Lags in Enterprise Penetration.

Slashdot posting from a student at a school neighboring Columbine. It's the second message on the page. I've been getting lots of mail like this from recent high school graduates echoing this scenario.

NetCenter now has a Build Your Home Page feature.

Fortune's Stewart Alsop recommends chucking your PC.

Rasterboy doesn't want something like Vignette, he wants something simpler. I think he makes a good point, and offer a roadmap of where we're going now that 6.0 is out.

Billy Joel: We Didn't Start the Fire.

Billy Joel's official site, with clips from the song.

Chris Maher: In Defense of Banner Ads.

Carolyn Kotlas: Self-Publishing Electronic Newsletters.

News.com: Webzine draws $3 million eBay bid. Seems like a fair price?