Re: WINE ~= Carbon?

Author:Robert Cassidy
Posted:4/26/1999; 1:54:22 PM
Topic:Linux' wide open spaces

I agree, but hosting is a limited market. It seems fairly clear that OS X is going to be the replacement OS for the MacOS come hell or high water, and Apple's market share is doing reasonably well that I think we can conclude they will not just go away anytime soon.

My moving to OS X, UserLand can provide not just the hosting solution, but the client solution as well, and maybe not have to manage 3 codebases. OS X is also unix, so the technical benefits should be the same as Linux. OS X is also MacOS, so that Frontier/Mac (the current product) should go away. I don't see people using Frontier/linux on a desktop anytime soon, not like I see Frontier/Mac...