XML-RPC: Confused about transporting binary data in strings

Author:skip@mojam.com
Posted:4/27/1999; 11:02:59 AM
Topic:XML-RPC: Confused about transporting binary data in strings

I'm confused about how to encode binary data in strings. I don't thing I want to use tags. What I want is to be able to transport ISO-8859 strings. For example, I'd like to transport the string

Davíd

that is, an accented "i".

Can this be done without resorting to ? seems to map into non-string types in languages like Java. I'm using Python, which is 8-bit clean.

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro