Recursive outline programming?

Author:mike_carney@ltx.com
Posted:4/28/1999; 12:46:41 PM
Topic:Recursive outline programming?

I'm trying to figure out a way to scan the contents of one outline (programatically) and build another outline at the same time. The "op" verbs seem to want to work on an outline address that was previously set in target.set().

I can use target.set() to work on the new outline, but when I use target.set() to restore the outline to the one I'm scanning, all the positioning information has been lost (like what line I was currently editing), so that if I do something like op.setLineText("foo") the wrong line gets set.

Is there any way to work programatically on several outlines at the same time?

Thanks for any info.