Re: new open e-book exchange format

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:4/30/1999; 4:53:36 PM
Topic:new open e-book exchange format

"Finally, what we mean by "open" is that the standards are available for use by ALL the participants in the e-book world."

Yeah, I read that part, and it's pretty vague. To me, an "open standard" means no NDAs and no royalties.

This is why I think copy protection is doomed. If you publish the specs, then it's trivial to get around the protection. If you don't publish the specs, the Internet will simply route around you (with apologies to Gilmore).