Re: new open e-book exchange format

Author:Dino Morelli
Posted:4/30/1999; 8:42:49 PM
Topic:new open e-book exchange format

I found it here: http://www.glassbook.com/technlgy/technlgy.htm

Oh, I just went to this link. Hm. I think by developing special book reader hardware, they're barking up the wrong tree. In the same way that I wouldn't want most of the hardware of a computer just to read email on.

They should be focusing on software that runs on existing platforms. PalmOS-based and WinCE-based machines. These machines are computers. Very multi-purpose. I think that's what people want, not many little machines that do specific things.

But that could just be me. A geek. Still, using the PalmOS is not complex at all. It's very intuitive. Many non-geekoids use it and love it.