scriptingNews outline for 5/1/99

Author:Dave Winer

DaveNet: Who Owns .Com? Scoooop!

ICANN interim board members.

News.com: Potential Domain Registrars Cry Foul.

Arm-twisting 101. I'm trying to get Marc Canter to release the source code that allows MSIE5 to communicate via XML-RPC with UserLand's servers. I'm doing it gently, but being firm.

News.com: Linux is Fun. Torvalds said civilization has developed to the point where survival is often taken is taken for granted. Consequently, "if you're not interested in doing something, you probably won't do it."

Builder.com: Web Innovator Awards. Congrats to Mozilla.Org, The Web Standards Project, ICQ, PHP, ASP, Allaire and Macromedia. Excellent choices!

I have an idea! Let's learn PHP. It seems quite popular, and philosophically compatible with what we do.