There's no need for XML-RPC here

Author:Dave Winer

PHP is a markup language, like Cold Fusion and ASP, but available on Unix as an Apache module and connecting to Unix databases.

Basically you'd render sites from Frontier that contain bits of PHP code. What's really needed is four or five sample sites stored in a Frontier guest database, as examples. Render them statically into the Linux file system, served thru Apache with PHP processing them. That's it. I think that they offer samples with PHP. Let's convert them. We'll set up a server running PHP and Apache and we'll have a lab to play with.

It's really a know-how thing, no technology is needed, I think.