Re: There's no need for XML-RPC here

Author:Oliver Wrede

Basically you'd render sites from Frontier that contain bits of PHP code.

That's surely what you can do. But actually a PHP Script, which parses the XML-RPC call would be great as well!

I can imagine to call PHP-Scripts via XML-RPC instead of just doing the insert-somemore-characters-and-execute-them-anywhere-else-strategy.

This could enable me to read UNIX databases accessible to PHP with Frontier without using ODBC. There is no ODBC driver for MySQL for instance (MySQL is wide spread among the web databases on Linux).

I could glue together some sort of an XMLing PHP script, which I use read via xml.decompile(tcp.httpClient(...)), but would this be comparable?

Oliver