Re: News Site Not connected to calendar.root

Author:Leslie Derby
Posted:5/3/1999; 1:58:20 PM
Topic:News Site Not connected to calendar.root

The page you see at http://www.scripting.com/ is located in news.root at scriptingNews.staticPage.default. The dynamic page at http://news.userland.com/ is located at scriptingNews.default. In this context, you would set the #calendarRootURL entry in the scriptingNews.staticPage table to http://news.userland.com/

Makes sense?

It's starting to. I think I'm full circle back to my (original) perceived problem. The calendar links now point to:

Generating an error:

Sorry! There was an error: Can't process the request because there is no object named "04".

(I manually created 1999.root in my www directory)

So it seems the problem is that 1999.root should be populated by daily news submissions. Correct assuption, or way off track? (the reason you get only one message a day on this thread is that I try a fix, then have to wait till the next day to see if my news gets archived)

Till tomarrow....