Re: Americans are idiots

Author:Jeff TP

What violence on the internet?

The only people who see violence on the internet is those people who search for it. The most violent web pages I read come from CNN.

Americans are idiots? No. Americans are irresponsible? Yes

In light of any school shooting massacre:

Do video games such as Quake make me a more violent person? I play lots of Quake, and I've yet to run out and buy a gun and go shoot people. Does violent television make me a more violent person? If I watch Martial Law am I going to go outside and beat up someone on the street corner? No.

What would my mother think of me if I did something like that?

Americans are too damn lazy to take care of their children. They lack the responsibility to tell a child: "Quake is a game. It would be very disappointing... wrong... if you did this in real life. You know that I love you and wouldn't want you to do something like that."

Imagine what a parent saying this could have done: "Those kids at school can be real jerks but you shouldn't get upset about it. You have your friends, and once you get out of high school you'll move on with your life and leave those mean kids behind. I still love you whether you're a freak or not. *hug*"

It sounds down right stupid and mushy. Maybe a little more stupid mushiness is what this country needs.

When did love stop being cool?