Idiots are everywhere

Author:Michel Benevento

I agree with most of what you are saying concerning Americans, but I would like to point out that we have just as many idiots over here in Europe. I believe it's much more of an intelectual vs 'people' thing.

An important reason our idiots aren't on TV so much is that over here you can't carry guns around freely, so it doesn't get as bloody. The main reason for that is (I believe) that most of Europe has been oppressed at some point in time, so we have collectively experienced that guns create more problems than they solve, which is refelected in our laws.

Concerning the Yugoslav war, I don't think anyone ever had any choice. On the one hand there is the problem itself (the ongoing slaughtering of Kosovars) and then there is the overwhelming power the US has within NATO. No European government had the option to either end the crimes any other way (and your earlier suggestion to simply relocate all the Kosovars is just plain silly, Dave) or threaten the alliance by publically disagreeing with mr Clinton. And I do think the US has a stake in the Balkans, which is a stable Europe.