Re: Americans are idiots

Author:Bruce Hoult

This is a basic difference in how people view what morality is. I see what we are doing in the Balkans as the moral thing to do.

It would be moral if it had a chance of acheiving a desirable goal.

It does not.

Feeling bad about something that is happening and feeling that you have to do SOMETHING is not moral, even though it feels as if it is.

Doing something that would actually help the situation would be moral. Not a general in the US military thought that this would help, they told Clinton that, and they were told to do it anyway.

That is not moral.