Re: Americans are idiots

Author:Stan Purington

We don't truly have anything at stake in the Balkans. Not the American people. The government might, but Clinton is a jerk and everyone knows it.)

You know that's an absolute lie, and from a person who claims to hate flames and over-emotional discussion groups, that kind of statement seems a little out of character., Sometimes I get the feeling that you see Clinton as the root of all evil in the world.

This is a basic difference in how people view what morality is. I see what we are doing in the Balkans as the moral thing to do. I don't see any correlation between violence in the Balkans and violence in our schools. I think there is much more of a correlation with the flame wars that occur on the internet and talk radio which teach us that the people we have disagreements with must be idiots, or feminazis, etc.

I guess I must be one of your idiots, though I think of myself the same way as you think of yourself. When you resort to calling people idiots, I think it demeans your arguments and lowers the level of the discussions taking place.