Congratulations!

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/5/1999; 7:01:57 AM
Topic:Congratulations!

A hearty congratulations to the members of this DG.

Yesterday we tackled a touchy subject and didn't flame out.

This is an important milestone. Seriously.

I think that having "Idiots" in the title of each message helped. How can you take a message too seriously, when it's from an American, and it says that Americans are Idiots. We are. In so many ways! How relaxing that is. Once we admit we're idiots, there's nowhere to go but up from here.

I think I'm becoming a better moderator too. I've learned some new tricks, like switching over to the third person at opportune times. I'm also learning to use the DG software better and coming up with ideas for next steps in the software to make it even better.

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate this DG for getting somewhere new, as a group. That's the hardest kind of progress to make. Good job!