Access to suites from a guest database (gdb)

Author:Andy Gorman
Posted:5/5/1999; 12:11:43 PM
Topic:Access to suites from a guest database (gdb)

I am a relatively new Frontier developer. I've been creating sites and writing scripts in 5.1+ for maybe 3 months. I just recently upgraded to 6.0 because I wanted to get more into dynamic sites in the area of collaborative knowledge construction and access.

My problem is with accessing a suite that is either in frontier.root or some gdb like "suites.root." I have installed the xfile suite (www.spinwardstars.com/frontier/f5/xfile.html). It works fine in 5.1.4, but now that I am moving my Web sites to gdbs, the suite macro call no longer work.

Does anyone have any ideas or pointers to good documentation. I can't say that I have a good understanding of scope in the new gdb model.