SearchEngine leaves me gasless...

Topic:SearchEngine leaves me gasless...

Hello all,

I have a discussion group that is motor vehicle related. I have enabled the search engine for this DG.

The search engine is working pretty well.

I have a small problem in that the word "gas" is not getting indexed. I went diggin' and I found that mainResponder.search.server.indexOnePage contains the following line.

oneWord = string.popTrailing (oneWord, 's') //pop off trailing s's

After this, the script throws out the word because it's less than 3 chars long. I understand why the script is popping of the s char. Lots of plural words that would take up mucho space in the index.

I really need to have the word gas in a motor vehicle related DG. This is an example of a word that ends in s that needs to be left alone.

Anyone have suggestions on how I can address this issue?

Thanks much,

Toodle-loooooooooo........ Thomas