Re: The need for the 2nd amendment

Author:Bob Davis

It's also very important to remember that our founding fathers were living under an oppressive regeim when they cam here. They lived through a situation in which their government oppressed, mistreated and then tried to kill them. The writers of the constitution wanted to make sure that if the government they were laying the foundations of ever turned bad the general citizenry had the wherewithall to fight back and create a new representative government.

Remember, we're supposed to have a government of the people, by the people for the people.

Guns matching the governments gave them the ability to fight the good fight.

NB - I live in New England and I own guns (sporting clays is F-U-N fun!).

Bob