Re: The need for the 2nd amendment

Author:Phillip Karlsson

The drafters of our constitution believed that every adult male should own a weapon and know how to use it properly. That's why we have the second amendment

the "know how to use it properly" part is where I think many of the problems happen. If we had required military service associated with being allowed to own a gun, or any other form of required training and education, I think we would have far fewer problems with the gun owners.