Re: HTML support in Mac OS?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/8/1999; 12:56:35 PM
Topic:HTML support in Mac OS?

Thanks for that point of view. Attacks like that are pointless. I'm obviously not going to accept responsibility for the demise of OpenDoc. Why should I? There were so many more reasons for its demise.

It's funny this came up today, because I was looking over the old MacBird site (one of *our* directions that didn't get finished) and read the story I wrote about how we got trapped in bugs in the Mac OS Component Manager for all of 1993, trying to work around them.

The fact is, back in those days, Apple wasn't really doing operating systems, they were doing science experiments. Unfortunately users and the press can't tell the difference.