Re: Update on My.UserLand.Com

Author:Keola Donaghy
Posted:5/8/1999; 1:57:36 PM
Topic:Update on My.UserLand.Com

Aloha Dave, a couple thoughts, and my apologies for posting these so close to the planned release. Hope they're a help and not a hindrance.

1. I just noticed by going to my.userland com that my NahenaheNet channel was gone. I hadn't checked on its status in a while, so called the RSS script and got an empty document. Would it be possible to build some email notification into the my.userland.com so that that the admin would be notified of any problems? My.Netscape does this, and though I have gotten occasional notes from them when my RSS file has had problems, I have not gotten any recently.

2. I found the problem with my RSS generation. I like to have my links bold, and found early on that the Not a major problem, but thought others might run across the same situation, and though it strange that this would break the RSS script even though the bold tags were outside of the A HREF.

Aloha,

Keola

PS - Mahalo for getting the code out, and support your plans for the distribution network. What a great service.