Re: What Chinese people thought

Author:Stan Purington
Posted:5/10/1999; 8:24:38 PM
Topic:What Chinese people thought

You ignore the end of the sentence.

".., assuming they thought we would use it."

Vietnam, of course is distant history, long before this degradation of our military is supposed to have happened. I'm sure none of the others expect us to use our full military force against them. In fact, they all know that it is highly unlikely that we would use anything more than token force against them. The only reason Yugoslavia can hold out the way they do now is that we have taken the approach of minimizing casualties. In a real war, that wouldn't necessarily be our main concern.