What Chinese people thought

Author:Lixian B. Chiu
Posted:5/8/1999; 9:17:24 PM
Topic:What Chinese people thought

From CNN message board:

Sun Zi - Saturday, 05/08/99, 11:53:38pm (#86592 of 86597)

I just watched the China Central Television CCTV-4's daily CHINA REPORT program. In the interview with PLA military officers, government officials and scholars, everyone insisted that the attack on China embassy was planned and an intentional act by US led NATO. They indicated that it used to be a war between NATO and Yugolavia, but now US and NATO forced China to the enemy position. They pointed out there would be only one possible way out of this: find the war criminal who ordered the bombing; promising no more such acts; etc.. Otherwise, the Chinese government will take further actions including using of force to bring the war criminal to justice. ...

Honestly, I don't believe that this is an intentional act. Even an idiot can tell that this is the easiest way to start the WW3. I really don't see any reason why the US government would want to start a Sino-American war at this time. But the threat is real and shouldn't be ignored. IMHO, no matter how many reasons we have to continue the strike, it's now the time to call for an halt. For the sake of the planet Earth, let's stop and resolve the crisis, please!