HTML Rendering Lib on Mac OS

Author:Brian M. Criscuolo
Posted:5/10/1999; 11:27:09 PM
Topic:HTML Rendering Lib on Mac OS

Dave, the other day you were inquiring a system level HTML rendering engine in the Mac OS, something like the ActiveX control in Windows. I was sitting in the Apple Help session today at WWDC and something very interesting was mentioned. You see, Apple Help is based on html with a nice, lean help browser (HTML 3.2 compliant). Apple is going to release, at some point in the future, a library that can be used in applications to do rendering of HTML, without requiring a 3rd party browser. They have a session dedicated to it later in the week, so we'll know more, but I thought it was ironic that the very topic was discussed over the weekend right here.

Brian Criscuolo bcriscuolo@dataviz.com