Re: Root-relative references

Author:André Radke
Posted:5/11/1999; 4:46:19 AM
Topic:Significance of "localhost" ?

I found using root-relative references (ie dropping 'localhost' and just starting with a slash '/') works fine in the #url tables.

This will stop working the minute you start to reference content hosted on multiple (virtual) servers from the #urls table. You will obviously have to include the server name at that point. As long as you are aware of that, I don't see a problem with this approach.