Re: serviceList.xml

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/11/1999; 7:38:56 AM
Topic:Update on My.UserLand.Com

I raised this question on the xml-dev list and got a lukewarm response. Here's the thread in the archives.

http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/9905/0179.html

The net-net on this appears that the XML people haven't really accounted for this. They say that it should be done with HTTP redirects, but that's not a very good answer! How could we write a HOWTO for that?

When I get a chance I'll add support for to the server and write up a HOWTO on that. It seems to solve the problem neatly.