Re: serviceList.xml

Author:David Weingart
Posted:5/11/1999; 8:46:34 AM
Topic:Update on My.UserLand.Com

Dave,

I think the XML folks are on to something with the idea of using an HTTP redirect. Anyone who is running their own server should be able to set up a redirect - it is not difficult. With WebSTAR, you could set up a !RAW file to send the HTTP redirect header.

On your end, it would be easy to check for the redirect code in the HTTP header, and update the URL.

I think this would be better than adding an extension to the file format.