Re: What Chinese people thought

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:5/11/1999; 10:44:51 AM
Topic:What Chinese people thought

The objective, as I understand it, is to destroy the infrastructure that keeps President Milosevic in power. An army is only as good as the infrastructure that supports it. At some point, it will come to the point that he will feel that the loss of his tools of power are not worth the cost.

another aspect is that most of the money and power in serbia is concentrated on a small elite ("100 families") who currently support milosevic.

destroying the infrastructure is the same thing as destroying their assets, and it's not clear if milosevic can hold on to his position if/when he loses their support...

btw, did anyone even notice that the US attacked Iraq today? business as usual, I'm afraid...