Re: I did the deed!

Author:Bruce Hoult
Posted:5/11/1999; 5:04:54 PM
Topic:Installing RedHat 6.0

If you want to use your Linux system remotely, you'll need either telnet, SSH, or (preferably) an X server for NT. I can't really give any advice on X servers because they're all expensive and thus I haven't tried any.

Right, which is why you use VNC instead.

The Linux VNC server sets up a local (in RAM) X server (X has the concept of client and server reversed from what most people expect) and then relays commands to redraw that to a VNC client running on Unix, Windows, Mac, or Java in a broswer.

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc