Re: Discussion group interface troubles

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/12/1999; 6:16:55 AM
Topic:Discussion group interface troubles

Good morning Dave, and thanks for posting this message!

For everyone else, Dave and I worked on an interesting project in 1992, to find out what the performance limits on Mac IAC would be when Dave was an engineer on the Word team at Microsoft. I liked working with him. We speak the same language in software.

Anyway, I think I'm ready to play a little with the DG software. I share your frustration. I use this software in a mission-critical way. Some of the issues can be addressed today, and others are fodder for dreaming about DHTML interfaces for the DG, which I know some people are interested in doing. (Please release sample source, be kind to the community! We need an XML-RPC bridge from the various browsers, for example.)

Give me a few minutes to try some ideas out..