Re: Dead Dead web sites

Author:greg@loraxconsulting.com
Posted:5/12/1999; 1:02:36 PM
Topic:Dead Dead web sites

This is the problem that deadabase.com ran into. They offered many concerts by the Dead, Jerry Garcia band, Phish, Dave Mathews Band, and more. A couple of weeks ago they were told that they could no longer offer the Dead or Jerry Garcia Band concerts because they use banner ads on their site to help defray some of the costs of the site. They dropped the concerts from those two artists and changed their name to astrojams.com (I think), though the address deadabase.com still works.

It's a shame; I don't think they were profitting from the site, just trying to recoup enough from the banner ads to keep the site going. At least they are still offering concerts from other bands, for now.