Dead Dead web sites

Author:Dan Lyke
Posted:5/12/1999; 11:18:48 AM
Topic:Dead Dead web sites

I think the issue with the shut down Grateful Dead MP3 web sites is that they were using banner ads and other similar mechanisms to pay the bandwidth bills. Short of a heck of a lot of auditing there's no way to tell which sites which do that are making money and which aren't. The line had to be drawn somewhere, and from what little I read it sounds like they picked a reasonable place.