Re: DG security Check

Author:André Radke
Posted:5/13/1999; 4:06:14 PM
Topic:DG security Check

Before sending a password to the new user, I'd like to validate his email with my members database.

Take a look at the "default" table in members.root. It contains a boolean named openToPublic. If you set this to false, only users for whom a table in default.users already exists will be allowed to sign on to the DG. Of course, then you would have to add members' tables to default.users manually.

what field do I have to change so that the password is sent from other than dave@userland.com

Take a look at default.mailReturnAddress, default.mailSubject, and default.mailTemplate in members.root.