Re: Frontier on dual-500MHz Xeon's

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/15/1999; 7:19:38 AM
Topic:Frontier on dual-500MHz Xeon's

This question has come up a few times and I honestly don't know the answer. Maybe Bierman can help us out here? Or perhaps someone who knows NT really well?

I have a dual CPU machine, and in the performance monitor, I have it set to show each processor independently. When I do a heavy task in Frontier both curves go up, but it's very hard for me to put a serious load on this system.

This is the only dual-cpu machine I have here (there's another in Seattle, running our search engine and the Frontier site).