Re: Serving pdf documents

Author:Chris Bunch
Posted:5/16/1999; 1:27:48 PM
Topic:A dream: Posting to a DG via email

Thanks Andre

In fact, user.webserver.prefs.type2MIME already contains an entry for the binary type 'PDF '. When you look at the PDF file you imported, what binary type are they?

I imported the file as text after changing (Mac) file type and creator to TEXT/MOSS. I can't see how to import it directly as pdf (PDF/CARO). PDF is I believe an ASCII only format so this should not be a problem. MainResponder is happy to return it as is, I think, but with Content-Type="text/html". My guess is if there were a way of persuading mainResponder to put "application/pdf" into the response header, then the browser would call Acrobat Reader/plugin rather than display it as raw pdf

I'm not sure how I would import it as a binary (on a Mac): can you help?