Re: Portals Mail List

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/16/1999; 10:50:01 PM
Topic:Portals Mail List

OK, I'm willing to learn. What would the ideal JavaScript development tool do? And you can't ask for the moon, it has to be implementable. If you want a debugger that allows you to single-step and look at data while the script is being debugged, I promise you, the only ones who can do that are the people who own the environment that the script runs in. The only other way to do this is to get in lock-step with the browser vendors, and then it isn't a development tool anymore, it's a browser. Same with debugging for other products that use JavaScript as its internal scripting language. The problem isn't that easy, or if it is, show me how it is.