Re: Scripting on Linux (And general Unix)

Author:Emmanuel M. Décarie
Posted:5/17/1999; 9:22:35 PM
Topic:Scripting on Linux

Ok, thanks everybody for the answers. I think I get the picture now. And the reference to Netscape doc help a lot.

There is something funny that I noted. Some of the answers are saying that there is a bazillion ways to do what I was asking. But nobody posted sample code.

// With Frontier

// Getting the URL of the frontmost window of Netscape local(url); url = netscape.getFrontWindowUrl(); msg(url)

// Getting a Web page and display it in Netscape local(htmlText); htmlText = tcp.httpClient(server:"www.scripting.com"); htmlText = string.httpResultSplit(htmlText); netscape.displayText(htmlText)