Getting in Linus' head

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:5/21/1999; 1:16:05 PM
Topic:Getting in Linus' head

"Getting inside the head of our competitors is one of our best practices," said Linux-group head Jim Ewel, who is also a marketing director at Microsoft, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Whose head is Microsoft going to get into this time? Linus'? I don't know if it's possible. Which is ironic, since Linus has effectively offered what's in his head to anyone who asks.

I think Microsoft is something like the sheister who can't deal with it when they meet with someone who's on the level- they're always looking for the other person's "angle".

--Steve