Copy Address command in Table menu

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/22/1999; 8:09:34 AM
Topic:Copy Address command in Table menu

Here's a little saver of braincells.

In Frontier's Table menu, there's a command called Copy Address.

If you copy the address of an object in a guest database you get the full path of the file at the beginning of the address. While this is accurate, I'm always deleting the file part of the address. I decided to have Frontier do it for me.

Here's my new script for Copy Address:

local (s = string (table.getcursor ()));
local (ix = string.patternmatch ("].", s));
if ix > 0 {
	s = string.delete (s, 1, ix + 1)};
clipboard.putvalue (s)

It works great!