Re: CMS or Opportunity Platform?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/23/1999; 6:29:42 AM
Topic:Things we learned from BucksWoodside.Com

Thanks for clarifying this. I was thrown off by your putting "Opportunity Platform" in the title of the message. We're walking a line here, we want others to invest, to create products for Frontier users, or develop VAR businesses around it.

I'm going to ask everyone at UserLand to read this. At the very least the real release of the new WebEdit and the update of ContentServer will come from this immediately. We will study Adobe and Netobject's products.

I now understand what your objective is. Please understand that others have other objectives. You may not want to purchase add-ons and tools from other Frontier vendors, but I could see that changing, esp if some of the vendors were bigger and more stable than our own company.