Making Frontier faster by caching html code

Author:Tommy Sundström
Posted:5/25/1999; 3:23:11 PM
Topic:Making Frontier faster by caching html code

I just got this idea on how to make Frontier dynamic rendering run faster.

There's a lot of work done every time a page is accessed. Height & width is pulled out of images, macros i patching together the template framework, is created etc etc. A large part of this is recreating exactly the same code over and over again.

It should be possible to cache this code, and gain speed.

For this to work, we need a way to cache parts of a page (if the entire page remains the same we already has a caching scheeme: render to static pages).

Maybe it can be done like this:

Things needed: