Re: Making Frontier faster by caching html code

Author:Tommy Sundström
Posted:5/26/1999; 8:23:10 AM
Topic:Making Frontier faster by caching html code

how do we determine whether the data that this macro gathering have been changed or not

I would avoid to cache the result of such a macro.

I think the major use of this kind of caching would be for parts of the page with simple but frequently used macros - like imageRef, stylesheet etc. A macro that collects data from several different locations are more likely to be the "live" material of the page.

(I could imagine a setup where such a macro checks the time-stamps of it's sources, and flushes the cache if anything has changed, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.)