scriptingNews outline for 5/27/99

Author:Dave Winer

A demo a day! Today I showed Manila to Fortune's Brent Schlender. He said: "Manila is the coolest piece of software I've seen since the web browser."

Stewart Alsop contemplates eBay's funeral.

BusinessWeek: eBay vs Amazon.

Wired: Feasting on Failed Promise. "The consensus is we're about to hit a boom in the insolvency industry. The laws of gravity are taking hold."

Jamis: "It was 10:00 on a moonless night as we rattled along in Magdie's ancient Peugeot at 70 mph. The glowing tip of a cigarette drifted by in the adjacent lane and I thought drowsily that the car along side of us on the freeway didn't have any headlights either."

Can you find the hidden billionaires?

Can you find the future billionaire?