Re: Weblogs and Search Engines

Author:Dave Polaschek
Posted:5/28/1999; 1:00:44 PM
Topic:Weblogs

Re your most challenging thing, you need a search engine.

Actually, my thinking is that I'll probably end up maintaining a separate set of pages mostly manually. Since most of the links categorize well, but won't categorize well automagically (unless I add the category when I add the link, hmm... there's another way to attack the problem), I'll probably develop scripts so that when I add something to Dave's Picks, it gets added to a holding-area outline (along with the add date) and then I'll manually move things from that outline to the correct category (or categories).

The big problem is that I'm still statically generating all my pages and ftping 'em up to the server, so putting in a search engine isn't really something I can do today.

-DaveP