Re: Faster or more efficient to serve GIFs from files?

Author:erik
Posted:5/28/1999; 8:28:34 PM
Topic:Faster or more efficient to serve GIFs from files?

I didn't realize 1), other than the obvious effect that any additional applications running on a machine detract cycles from Frontier on that machine.

I'm going to try serving my dynamic pages up with Frontier but the images within those pages will be served by a second machine running a dedicated webserver like Apache. I'll post the results here for my situation. Maybe that will help someone else. I have to live with a corporate template that contains graphics. Userland's pages are pretty graphic-free.

Thanks!

erik