scriptingNews outline for 5/29/99

Author:Dave Winer

Chuck Shotton: "What the Internet needs is a set of true peer-to-peer applications that run on the client side. Until that happens, the old client-server model will continue to be a barrier to any sort of meaningful distributed or decentralized computing on the Internet." Not sure if I agree, but it sounds good!

US Subs: It started as a very simple idea. "The boat sits at the dock because I just can't seem to find the time to use it anymore." "Waterfront property is too expensive." "I don't have as much time as I'd like to go diving."